Hi Everyone,

It is a bright sunny day today and I want to show you a little exchange gift that I received a couple years ago. 

It is a pinkeep,  The specifications for the exchange were that we use a Quaker sampler motif and that its colors be suggestive of a specific season which I believe was spring. 

Now here is the reason I want to show it to you.  It is edged with white buttons.  I believe that they are all modern plastic buttons.  There is nothing exceptional about them except they are an exceptionally nice border on the pinkeep. 

A close-up to show how the buttons are attached. 

Another close-up to show the flower buttons.  








A view of the back to show you the backing fabric.  If you happen to have or know of a source for this fabric or a similar print, I desperately want a small scrap of it. 

Comments

Laurie said…
Oh, it is so beautiful!
What a lovely gift to treasure for years to come...of course the buttons make it extra special. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
Cindy Adkins said…
Very nice! That IS a pretty fabric. It would make a nice toss pillow for my shabby chic bedroom!
Hugs, Cindy
Becs said…
What a pretty pin keep. Those flower buttons are so cute! Thar pink rose pattern looks like a Rachel Ashwell print. Becs
Unknown said…
This is so lovely. I love buttons, I just went over and ordered some fabric covered ones that you suggested a few posts ago.

Have a lovely evening.

Karen