Button Vest

Hi I am Shirlee Fassell a new but really old Button Floozy!!
My attraction to buttons began years ago when I played in the button draw of the sewing machine.   I am drawn to them like a moth to a flame.  When we first started serious antiquing 20 years or so ago I used to buy a lot of buttons.  Sewing the buttons to this vest was my justification for some of that collection.
Here is a some close ups of the left side of the vest.

 A friend I used to work with gave me a jar of her mothers buttons when she passed.  The little bull dogs run around the bottom of the vest.

As you can see I couldn't resist the rhinestone pins .... and other pins ... I came across!!
The 4 leaf  clover pin is from my mothers jewelry box.
The button nestled below the gold pin with the S on it is a perfume button (I think)  the background is velvet.

Comments

Sharon said…
Shirlee,

I absolutely love your button vest!
Your button collection is amazing.
Thanks for sharing!
Fun! What is a perfume button?
marilyn said…
That's a wonderful...one of a kind vest. Those bulldog buttons are just too much !! I have a wool herringbone design vest with a variety of buttons that I purchased twenty plus years ago and I still love it.
I am sure I have never ran across a perfume button which is wonderful

I still look for buttons and just don't run across a lot of them around here at sales
Laurie said…
Lovely!! Welcome Shirlee!
A great and unique vest!!!
I love the rhinestone buttons ( =